The primary project of Heliax is the Anoma protocol (implemented in Rust). Anoma is self-contained, self-sovereign and capture resistant, enabling private, asset-agnostic cash and private coordination among any number of parties. In addition to Anoma, Heliax works on open-source projects which are part of the Anoma ecosystem, including but not limited to research in cryptographic libraries such as the MASP, Plonk or Ferveo (written in Rust), and tools for high assurance validity predicates and arbitrary zero-knowledge circuits (Juvix, written in Haskell.
Heliax is a remote-first public goods lab which researches, develops, deploys, and maintains open-source protocols & mechanisms designed to serve the everyday needs of humanity. Using this, we build vertically integrated open-source products and networks that form coherent open systems which are capable of acting as an alternative to existing exploitative paradigms. With team members located around the world, our work culture is characterized by open-allocation, where team members have a high degree of freedom and autonomy in choosing when to work, what to work on, and whom to work with.
As a Senior UX/UI designer you must be passionate about crafting user experiences to the highest level. You should have an energy for creativity and love of design in all areas along with your amazing UX/UI skills with a willingness to get stuck in and have an opinion across multiple design tasks including branding, experiential design and communications contributing to the wider creative output. You should be willing to challenge convention and create products that can define the industry space.
Assigned and working within the Design UX/UI & Comms team. You’ll be working in a small agile team of multidisciplinary designers, creatives and writers all passionate about creating ideas, lead design and content that engages users on multiple levels.
- Prototyping & designing user interfaces and user experiences (and respective visual assets) from scratch from written specifications & mock-ups.
- Work very closely with the team lead on gaining context and understanding of the goals of the project(s) within the Anoma ecosystem.
- Bootstrap projects that are large in scope in a scalable way, so that it can facilitate the collaboration and contributions from other designers in the team.
- Work very closely with the development team on clarifying and providing bi-directional feedback on the implemented wireframes, prototypes, and graphic assets– so that strategy, project goals, design, and implementation are in alignment.
- Designing interfaces for cross web applications, such as browser extensions and web applications.
- Designing the interfaces that provide a great UX across devices (desktop, tablet, mobile) and are compatible with e.g. the technical specifications of the latter (e.g. screen resolution).
- Designing brands and digital assets for external communications
- Organize, plan and provide estimations and timelines on each project and subprojects.
Here are some of the projects that the team is working on:
Description: Anoma's browser based multi-asset wallet that allows users to send and receive transparent and shielded transfers.
Technologies: TypeScript, Rust, WASM, React
Sample of key features:
- Support for file-based keys
- Support for Ledger hardware wallet connectivity (keys are generated on the Ledger HSM)
- Generation of master seed phrase
- Auto derivation of keys for transparent and shielded accounts
- List all assets (any digital asset) on Anoma, which include NFTs.
- Able to send/receive shielded and transparent transactions
- Transactions can optionally be offsetting carbon
- Display transaction history
- You LOVE designing delectable end-user interfaces and experiences that are intuitive and accessible for as many people as possible.
- You are passionate about emerging technologies and industries, such as the Anoma project and its ecosystem. You are thrilled about being the first in solving UI/UX problems that are specific to Anoma’s end-user interfaces and in making the cutting-edge features of the protocol accessible for as many people as possible.
- You have +5 years of experience in the field (please submit your portfolio, links of projects that are currently live, pet projects, descriptions or anything that can provide information about your past work).
- You have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and knowledge in a field applicable to the role and its projects.
- You have mastered designer tools (or otherwise are able to pick them up quickly), such as Figma, Invision for prototypes, design systems and wireframes; and other design tools for the creation of visual assets such as Illustrator or Photoshop.
- Proactive at communicating, both verbally and in written form, and coordinating with the team.
- Self-organized and autonomous, expect minimal management in a flexible and remote work environment.
- Verbal and written fluency in English in order to communicate in the organization or make presentations internally.
- Designed on applications and end-user interfaces in the blockchain industry.
- Have used applications or products of the blockchain industry before.
- Passionate about emerging technologies and excited about their possible impacts in the world.
- Experience with front-end development.
- Understanding and or experience in motion graphics for UX/UI
- Organized, participated, and/or spoken at UI/UX and designer meetups or conferences and enjoys being involved with open-source communities.
- Fluency in other languages.
- Preferred if residing within (+/- 3 hours) Central European time zones. Ideally someone who enjoys travel, nature and hiking. Often we find that products are best designed not in a meeting room but rather on a trail 🏔.