The primary project of Heliax is the Anoma protocol (implemented in Rust). Anoma is self-contained, self-sovereign and capture resistant, enabling private, asset-agnostic cash and private coordination among any number of parties. In addition to Anoma, Heliax works on open-source projects which are part of the Anoma ecosystem, including but not limited to research in cryptographic libraries such as the MASP, Plonk or Ferveo (written in Rust), and tools for high assurance validity predicates and arbitrary zero-knowledge circuits (Juvix, written in Haskell).
Heliax is a remote-first public goods lab which researches, develops, deploys, and maintains open-source protocols & mechanisms designed to serve the everyday needs of humanity. Using this, we build vertically integrated open-source products and networks that form coherent open systems which are capable of acting as an alternative to existing exploitative paradigms. With team members located around the world, our work culture is characterized by open-allocation, where team members have a high degree of freedom and autonomy in choosing when to work, what to work on, and whom to work with.
- Creating visual identities and branding for projects and organizations from scratch, taking into account the written specifications and guidance from the team lead to ensure that the visuals and aesthetics are in alignment with the vision and values that need to be conveyed. This covers things such as the logo, style guide, fonts, color schemes, etc.
- Work closely with all teams in the organization to gain knowledge and understanding of each team’s field (engineering, cryptography, PLT, distributed systems & protocol,etc) so that you’re able to design identities that convey the purpose and goals of the projects built by respective teams.
- Improving and upgrading existing visual identities.
- When required for particular projects, create illustrations that are able to visualize and make complex topics easier to understand. These illustrations can be education-oriented e.g. diagrams, infographics or can be aesthetic-oriented, such as an illustration that depicts a specific topic or concept.
- Create supporting illustrations or other digital assets that are necessary for the tasks of the Comms & UI/UX team, e.g. images for blogpost series, specific elements for the user-interfaces, etc.
- Work closely with the Comms & UI/UX team on improving the architecture and user-experience of our project and organizational websites.
- Design and adjust designs to the best format for specific physical merchandise, which can include a variety of forms, materials, and sizes– and remaining flexible and creating in doing so with the end goal of creating merchandise that people will want to use and keep.
- Work closely with the Comms & UI/UX team in projects that require visual assets and provide them to the team in the required format and within the required timeline.
- Work closely with the Organization team (operations) in providing the assets as required by the suppliers for merchandise and ensure that the quality and format are the correct ones.
- Work closely with both the Comms & UI/UX and Organization teams on the preparation for physical events and conferences that entail a booth and attend such events to ensure that the setup is as designed, quality control of the physical elements, and feedback gathering for future improvements.
- Organize, plan and provide estimations and timelines on each task, project and subprojects.
Here are some of the projects that the team is working on:
- Visual identity for projects:
- Anoma and its protocol versions
- MASP, Ferveo, plonkup and future cryptographic libraries/products
- & future projects
- Visual identity for organizations
- Anoma Foundation
- Project websites:
- & future websites
- Organization websites:
- T-shirts (textile)
- Flags (textile)
- Tote bags (textile)
- Conference booth setups
- & other physical merch
- You LOVE drawing and illustrating– you are passionate and have an unstoppable drive for creating things to show to people around the world.
- You are passionate about emerging technologies and excited about their possible impacts in the world, in particular the Anoma project and its ecosystem and you feel aligned with the vision and purpose of the project.
- You have +5 years of experience in the field of design, which include brand and graphic, and UI/UX design of websites (please submit your portfolio, links of projects that are currently live, pet projects, descriptions or anything that can provide information about your past work).
- You have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and knowledge in a field applicable to the role and its projects.
- You have mastered designer tools (or otherwise are able to pick them up quickly), such as Figma, Invision for prototypes, design systems and wireframes; and other design tools for the creation of visual assets such as Illustrator or Photoshop.
- Proactive at communicating, both verbally and in written form, and coordinating with the team.
- Self-organized and autonomous, expect minimal management in a flexible and remote work environment.
- Verbal and written fluency in English in order to communicate in the organization or make presentations internally.
- Ability to travel for internal events and external events (industry conferences, meetups, etc.).
- Have used applications or products of the blockchain industry before.
- Experience with arts and crafts, e.g. pottery, embroidery, painting, photography, etc.
- Organized, participated, and/or spoken at UI/UX and designer meetups or conferences and enjoys being involved with the community.
- Fluency in other languages.
- Preferred if residing within (+/- 3 hours) Central European time zones. Ideally someone who enjoys travel, nature and hiking. Often we find that products are best designed not in a meeting room but rather on a trail 🏔.