The primary project of Heliax is the Anoma protocol. Anoma is a sovereign, proof-of-stake blockchain protocol that enables private, asset-agnostic cash and private bartering amongst any number of parties. In addition to Anoma, Heliax works on open-source projects which are part of the Anoma ecosystem, including cryptographic libraries such as the MASP and tools for high assurance validity predicates and arbitrary zero-knowledge circuits (Juvix).
Heliax is a remote-first team, currently composed of cross-disciplinary members located around the world. All of our work is open-source. Our work culture is characterized by open-allocation, where team members have a high degree of freedom and autonomy in choosing when to work, what to work on, and whom to work with.
As a senior engineer within the Interfaces team, you will be integral to the development of the Anoma Wallet: a browser based multi-asset wallet that allows users to send and receive digital assets, including NFTs. This system is designed using a cutting-edge tech stack of TypeScript + React + Rust + WebAssembly.
Some representative examples of features you’ll be working on in this role are: adding support for Ledger hardware wallet connectivity, support for generation and use of file-based keys, generation of shielded transactions using cryptographic libraries, display of any digital asset (including NFTs) and associated transaction history, and on-chain management of staking and governance.
- Architecture & implementation of front-ends from design prototypes, wireframes and specifications in close collaboration with web designers.
- Development of lower level integrations of the applications with e.g. with the Ledger APIs.
- Creation and maintenance of developer-friendly documentation and specifications for internal use as well as open-source contributors.
- Either strong web development skills and experience using TypeScript and other modern web frameworks or experience with software development in Rust.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- You are excited at the prospect of learning and working with state-of-the-art technologies such as WebAssembly and Rust.
- You strive for clean, maintainable and tested code.
- Willingness to learn Rust if coming from a web development background.
- Worked on applications and end-user interfaces in the blockchain industry.
- Have used applications or products of the blockchain industry before.
- Interest and ability to learn and understand the codebases and the high level design of the Anoma blockchain protocol (Rust), understanding how zero-knowledge proof schemes and other cryptographic libraries (Rust), the SDK – or any other libraries or dependencies that will be integrated with the front-ends.
- Experience with low-level programming languages, e.g. Rust, C, C++(even better if you have any projects written with it), functional programming languages, e.g. Haskell or OCaml.
- Organized and/or participated in developer meetups or conferences and enjoys being involved with open-source communities.
- Fluency in other languages.
- Preferred if residing within (+/- 3 hours) Central European time zones.
- Ideally someone who enjoys travel, nature and hiking.
- Often we find that products are best designed not in a meeting room but rather on a trail 🏔.