The primary project of Heliax is the Anoma protocol (implemented in Rust). Anoma is a sovereign, proof-of-stake blockchain protocol that enables private, asset-agnostic cash and private bartering among any number of parties. In addition to Anoma, Heliax works on open-source projects which are part of the Anoma ecosystem, including but not limited to research in cryptographic libraries such as the MASP or Ferveo (written in Rust), and tools for high assurance validity predicates and arbitrary zero-knowledge circuits (Juvix, written in Haskell).
Heliax is a remote-first team, currently composed of cross-disciplinary members located around the world. All of our work is open-source. Our work culture is characterized by open-allocation, where team members have a high degree of freedom and autonomy in choosing when to work, what to work on, and whom to work with.
The DevOps engineering team at Heliax focuses on building, scaling, and maintaining the core infrastructure which underpins software solving outstanding problems in the blockchain space. As an experienced DevOps Engineer, your work will be critical to ensuring the reliability and availability of services all the way up and down the stack. Some representative examples of features you’ll be working on in this role are securing and managing our AWS account, working on automation tools for two of our open-source projects (Namada and Juvix) using AWS, and improving our CI and pipelines using GitHub Actions
- Design, build, test, and refine deployment pipelines for our applications, tools, and supported platform
- Design, code, deploy, and test new blockchain infrastructure
- Configure logging, monitoring, and alerting for existing and new infrastructure
- Work closely with research and engineering teams to ensure deployed infrastructure matches requirements
- Participate in architecture and planning of future infrastructure
- Execute on-call duties as needed
- Infrastructure for Anoma
- Prior experience with Python, AWS, and Linux
- Self-motivated & self-organized
- Interested in building out and scaling infrastructure for distributed systems
- Strong communication skills
- Prior experience working with Kubernetes, Rust, Docker, and/or CI/CD
- Prior experience with large scale distributed systems, especially experience running a blockchain validator
Competitive compensation in a negotiable mix of salary and equity. Remote or local (Zürich/Zug, Berlin). When remote, preferred if mostly located within (+/- 2 hours) Central European time zones. Ideally someone who enjoys nature and hiking 🏔.