Heliax is a remote-first public goods lab which researches, develops, deploys, and maintains open-source protocols & mechanisms designed to serve the everyday needs of humanity. Using this, we build vertically integrated open-source products and networks that form coherent open systems which are capable of acting as an alternative to existing exploitative paradigms.
Heliax’s work includes the Anoma protocol, a novel architecture that is intent-centric, privacy-preserving protocol for decentralised counterparty discovery, solving, & multi-chain atomic settlement; Namada, a proof-of-stake L1 for interchain asset-agnostic privacy, designed to bring the best privacy to the multichain; Juvix and Vamp-IR, in the domain of languages for dApps and ZK circuits.
The DevOps engineering team at Heliax focuses on building, scaling, and maintaining the core infrastructure which underpins software solving outstanding problems in the blockchain space. As an experienced DevOps Engineer, your work will be critical to ensuring the reliability and availability of services all the way up and down the stack. Some representative examples of features you’ll be working on in this role are securing and managing our AWS account, working on automation tools for two of our open-source projects (Namada and Juvix) using AWS, and improving our CI and pipelines using GitHub Actions
What you'll do
- Design, build, test, and refine deployment pipelines for our applications, tools, and supported platform
- Design, code, deploy, and test new blockchain infrastructure
- Configure logging, monitoring, and alerting for existing and new infrastructure
- Work closely with research and engineering teams to ensure deployed infrastructure matches requirements
- Participate in architecture and planning of future infrastructure
- Execute on-call duties as needed
- Infrastructure for Anoma
- Prior experience with Python, AWS, and Linux
- Self-motivated & self-organized
- Interested in building out and scaling infrastructure for distributed systems
- Strong communication skills
- Prior experience working with Kubernetes, Rust, Docker, and/or CI/CD
- Prior experience with large scale distributed systems, especially experience running a blockchain validator
Competitive compensation in a negotiable mix of salary and equity. Remote or local (Zürich/Zug, Berlin). When remote, preferred if mostly located within (+/- 2 hours) Central European time zones. Ideally someone who enjoys nature and hiking 🏔.