The primary project of Heliax is the Anoma protocol (implemented in Rust). Anoma is a sovereign, proof-of-stake blockchain protocol that enables private, asset-agnostic cash and private bartering among any number of parties. In addition to Anoma, Heliax works on open-source projects which are part of the Anoma ecosystem, including but not limited to research in cryptographic libraries such as the MASP or Ferveo (written in Rust), and tools for high assurance validity predicates and arbitrary zero-knowledge circuits (Juvix, written in Haskell).
Heliax is a remote-first team, currently composed of cross-disciplinary members located around the world. All of our work is open-source. Our work culture is characterized by open-allocation, where team members have a high degree of freedom and autonomy in choosing when to work, what to work on, and whom to work with.
Blockchains do not scale to a global user-base of seven billion people.
Rust engineering at Heliax focuses on building, extending, and maintaining decentralized, permissionless, and censorship-resistant protocols. We are looking for experienced P2P networking engineers that are interested in applying novel research to create high-quality open-source technology and solve outstanding problems in the blockchain space. As a member of the core engineering team, you will be working on the intent gossip and matchmaker projects implemented in Rust, heavily relying on libp2p.
This role offers the chance to work closely on compelling cross-disciplinary problems in computer science, systems engineering, cryptography, and economics, and enjoy a high degree of independence in working conditions and prioritization.
- Produce technical specifications of the intent gossip network in coordination with other team members
- Evaluate algorithmic complexity, incentive compatibility, scalability, and resilience in P2P networking protocol
- Implement protocols in performant and cleanly abstracted Rust code
- Comprehensively document and test protocols and protocol changes
- Benchmark implementations and adjust both high-level architecture and low-level details in order to optimise for performance while retaining semantic correctness
- Conduct code reviews in coordination with other team members and help maintain a high standard of quality across the codebase
- The implementation of the Anoma protocol in Rust
- Prior experience with P2P networking programming, in Rust or other
- Deep familiarity with Rust abstractions, memory management, and concurrency
- Self-motivated & self-organized
- Interested in open-source technology and research applied to DLT
- Prior experience with Kademlia, libp2p, and/or BitTorrent
- Prior experience with large scale distributed systems
- Prior experience with network and systems engineering
- Prior experience with database design and optimization
- Prior experience in blockchain technology
- Prior experience implementing cryptography
- Prior experience with async Rust
Remote or local (Zürich/Zug, Berlin). When remote, preferred if mostly located within (+/- 3 hours) Central European time zones. Ideally someone who enjoys nature and hiking 🏔️.