The primary project of Heliax is the Anoma protocol (implemented in Rust). Anoma is a sovereign, proof-of-stake blockchain protocol that enables private, asset-agnostic cash and private bartering among any number of parties. In addition to Anoma, Heliax works on open-source projects which are part of the Anoma ecosystem, including but not limited to research in cryptographic libraries such as the MASP or Ferveo (written in Rust), and tools for high assurance validity predicates and arbitrary zero-knowledge circuits (Juvix, written in Haskell).
Heliax is a remote-first team, currently composed of cross-disciplinary members located around the world. All of our work is open-source. Our work culture is characterized by open-allocation, where team members have a high degree of freedom and autonomy in choosing when to work, what to work on, and whom to work with.
As the team lead for the Protocol Security Team, you’ll be responsible for breaking protocols both in theory and practice in and outside the company, and assembling a team to help them do so. You'll receive a high degree of latitude and autonomy to prioritize tasks and search for the weakest links in complex systems in order to break them. The rough structure could be compared to Google Project Zero, but with a focus on cryptographic protocols & implementations instead of web technology writ large.
- Background in cryptographic protocol design (e.g. Signal protocol, Noise protocol, TLS)
- Background in distributed system protocol design (e.g. Raft, PBFT, replicated SQL)
- Experience in analyzing cryptographic and/or distributed system protocol designs and implementations
- Experience (or a strong interest) in leading a security team
- Strong communication skills
- Prior experience in systems hacking, CTF competitions, pentesting, and/or other similar exercises
- Prior experience in mechanism design, game theory, and/or cryptoeconomic design
Competitive compensation in a negotiable mix of salary and equity. Remote or local (Zürich/Zug, Berlin). Ideally someone who enjoys nature and hiking 🏔.