The primary project of Heliax is Anoma, a suite of protocols and mechanisms based on distributed ledger (blockchain) technology. Anoma intends to act as a coordination mechanism, much like how people use money, speech and language to transmit information about their internal preferences for mutual benefit. It distinguishes itself by enabling the use of private cash of any fiat or digital currency, as well as bartering among any number of parties. In addition to Anoma, Heliax works on open-source projects which are part of the Anoma ecosystem, including but not limited to research in cryptographic libraries, and tools that refine the way user preferences can be expressed.
Heliax is a remote-first public goods lab which researches, develops, deploys and maintains open-source protocols and mechanisms designed to serve the everyday needs of humanity. Using this, we build vertically integrated open-source products and networks that form coherent open systems, which are capable of acting as an alternative to existing exploitative systems, such as the existing financial system. With team members located around the world, our work culture is characterized by open-allocation, where team members have a high degree of freedom and autonomy in choosing when to work, what to work on, and whom to work with.
- Logistical and administrative coordination and support for all team members, especially the leadership team.
- Organize internal events e.g. team retreats (virtual, local and international).
- Organize external events, workshops and various meetings (virtual, local, and international).
- Ability to travel internationally when meetings or events require.
- Arrange logistics for travels and track/process expenses and relevant invoices.
- Physical office and coworking space management & maintenance.
- Procurement of necessary office supplies, equipment, merchandise or gifts.
- Preparation, packaging, and postage of letters and parcels.
- Processing of all pending organizational and administrative tasks, such as maintaining files, records, calendars, folders, internal platforms up-to-date.
- Coordination and planning of physical and virtual meetings (internal or with external parties).
- Ability to use independent judgment and discretion to perform other administrative duties within generally defined policies and practices.
- Correspondence in German and English.
- Organization of team retreats in Europe.
- Participation in industry conferences with booths.
- Organization of virtual meetups.
- Company-wide purchase of holidays/ work anniversary gifts.
- 1+ year of professional experience in an operations-related role.
- Bachelor degree in business administration or related field with specialization or in-depth knowledge in the field of Operations and Logistics Management.
- Strong communication skills.
- Oral and written proficiency both in German and English.
- Ability to independently prioritize various issues.
- Strong relationship skills and discretion.
- Ability to build strong and trusted relationships with internal and external contacts.
- Strong organizational skills, quick grasp, good time management skills and flexibility.
- Sovereignty and proactiveness.
- Experience with G Suite tools (Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Meet, Calendar, etc).
- Able to multi-task and deal with changing priorities and a demanding workload, deliver highly accurate and timely work under pressure.
- Adaptability to work in an agile, fast-changing environment.
- Located in either Berlin (Germany) or Zug (Switzerland), or able to commute to one of these local offices.
- Previous experience in operations.
- Previous experience in event organization.
- Previous experience with Git (e.g. GitHub).
- Knowledge and fluency in languages other than English and German.
- Previous experience in interacting with products and interfaces to blockchain technologies.
- Previous experience in interfaces in the realm of fintech, financial applications, or similar.
- Ideally someone who enjoys travel, nature and hiking.
- Often we find that discussions and ideas do not come from a meeting room but rather on a trail 🏔️.