Heliax is a research and engineering team focused on implementing cutting-edge research from numerous disciplines (distributed systems, PLT, zero-knowledge cryptography) and deploying them to solve hard problems in the blockchain space, such as scalability, secure smart contract languages, secure randomness or privacy. In addition to the open-source R&D areas, Heliax is expanding its focus towards mainstream end-users, with the goals of making financial sovereignty, privacy-enhancing, and secure technologies as accessible for as many people as possible.
Heliax is a remote-first team, currently composed of cross-disciplinary researchers and engineers located around the world. Our work culture is characterized by open-allocation, where team members have a high degree of freedom and autonomy in choosing when to work, what to work on, and whom to work with.
- Logistical and administrative coordination and support for all team members, especially the leadership team.
- Organize internal events, team retreats (virtual, local and international).
- Organize external events, workshops, and various meetings (virtual, local, and international).
- Ability to travel internationally when meetings or events require.
- Arrange logistics for travels and track/process expenses and relevant invoices.
- Office (physical) and coworking space management & maintenance.
- Procurement of necessary office supplies, equipment, merchandise, or gifts.
- Preparation, packaging, and postage of letters and packages.
- Processing of all pending organizational and administrative tasks, such as maintaining files, records, calendars, folders, internal platforms up-to-date.
- Coordination and planning of physical and virtual meetings (internal or with external parties).
- Ability to use independent judgment and discretion to perform other administrative duties within generally defined policies and practices.
- Correspondence in German and English.
- 1+ year of professional experience in an operations-related role.
- Bachelor degree in business administration or related field with specialization or in-depth knowledge in the field of Operations and Logistics Management.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficiency in written and spoken German and English.
- Ability to independently prioritize various issues.
- Strong relationship skills and discretion.
- Ability to build strong and trusted relationships with internal and external contacts.
- Strong organizational skills, quick grasp, good time management skills and flexibility.
- Sovereignty and proactiveness.
- Experience with G Suite tools (Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Meet, Calendar, etc).
- Able to multi-task and deal with changing priorities and a demanding workload, deliver highly accurate and timely work under pressure.
- Adaptability to work in an agile, fast-changing environment.
- Based in Switzerland, able to commute to Zug (once traveling normalizes).
- Previous experience in operations.
- Previous experience in event organization.
- Previous experience with Git (e.g. GitHub).
- Knowledge and fluency in languages other than English and German.
- Previous experience in interacting with products and interfaces to blockchain technologies.
- Previous experience in interfaces in the realm of fintech, financial applications, or similar.
- Ideally someone who enjoys travel, nature and hiking.
- Often we find that discussions and ideas do not come from a meeting room but rather on a trail 🏔️.