The primary project of Heliax is Anoma, a suite of protocols and mechanisms based on distributed ledger (blockchain) technology. Anoma intends to act as a coordination mechanism, much like how people use money, speech and language to transmit information about their internal preferences for mutual benefit. It distinguishes itself by enabling the use of private cash of any fiat or digital currency, as well as bartering among any number of parties. In addition to Anoma, Heliax works on open-source projects which are part of the Anoma ecosystem, including but not limited to research in cryptographic libraries, and tools that refine the way user preferences can be expressed.
Heliax is a remote-first public goods lab which researches, develops, deploys and maintains open-source protocols and mechanisms designed to serve the everyday needs of humanity. Using this, we build vertically integrated open-source products and networks that form coherent open systems, which are capable of acting as an alternative to existing exploitative systems, such as the existing financial system. With team members located around the world, our work culture is characterized by open-allocation, where team members have a high degree of freedom and autonomy in choosing when to work, what to work on, and whom to work with.
- Work closely with the leadership team in improving the current hiring strategy & making the processes scalable.
- Maintenance and execution of the processes in accordance with the strategy, planning, and organization-wide prioritization.
- Researching and expanding talent discovery channels and platforms with a global reach.
- Setting up hiring profiles, posting, and maintaining job descriptions on in-house platforms (heliax.dev/jobs) and external platforms (WorksHub, Angel.co, etc).
- Work with the team and project leads on improving job descriptions, proofreading, review, updates, and maintenance of job descriptions.
- Gather & organize information about applicants and candidates, and prefilter candidates to facilitate review and selection by team and project leads.
- Communicate with the candidates, organize interviews, guide the candidate(s) throughout the entire interview process, and provide support for questions that might arise from both sides.
- Provide guidance and support on administrative and logistical matters during the on-boarding process of new team members.
- Provide guidance and support on administrative and logistical matters during the off-boarding process of former-team members and stay in touch with alumni.
- Project management of the organization’s website heliax.dev, be in charge of improving the website and optimize it for attracting candidates.
- Work closely with the Comms & Product team (design & web development) in implementing the improvements on the website.
- Heliax’s Website
- Current Job Descriptions
- Heliax’s profile on WorksHub
- Heliax’s profile on Angel.co
- Anoma’s Website
- You love working with people and getting to know individuals from all sorts of backgrounds.
- You have passion for the field of human resources and talent management.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in an applicable field, e.g. Bachelor degree in business administration or applicable field with specialization or in-depth knowledge in the field of Human Resources and People’s Management.
- +2 year of professional experience in an HR-related role in a software company.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English (please share examples of past written assignments in university, personal blogs, or written tasks in previous jobs).
- Strong organizational skills, quick grasp, good time management skills, and flexibility (adaptability to work in an agile, fast-changing environment)
- Sovereignty and proactiveness.
- Experience with G Suite tools (Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Meet, Calendar, etc) or similar, such as the MS Office suite.
- Previous experience with Git (e.g. GitHub, GitLab, etc) and Slack (or similar), otherwise the ability to learn about their usage quickly.
- You are curious and are motivated to learn more about software, developer communities, and the technologies that are being built at Heliax.
- Previously handled administrative tasks related to employees in Switzerland and/or Germany.
- Knowledge about Swiss Labour Law and/or German Labour Law.
- Previously worked in a remote-first company.
- Tried programming pet projects (e.g. web development).
- Knowledge and fluency in other languages.
- Preferred if residing within (+/- 3 hours) Central European time zones.
- Ideally someone who enjoys travel, nature and hiking. Often we find that discussions and ideas do not come from a meeting room but rather on a trail 🏔️.