Heliax is a research and engineering team focused on implementing cutting-edge research from numerous disciplines (distributed systems, PLT, zero-knowledge cryptography) and deploying them to solve hard problems in the blockchain space, such as scalability, secure smart contract languages, secure randomness or privacy. In addition to the open-source R&D areas, Heliax is expanding its focus towards mainstream end-users, with the goals of making financial sovereignty, privacy-enhancing, and secure technologies as accessible for as many people as possible.
Heliax is a remote-first team, currently composed of cross-disciplinary researchers and engineers located around the world. Our work culture is characterized by open-allocation, where team members have a high degree of freedom and autonomy in choosing when to work, what to work on, and whom to work with.
- Work closely with the leadership team on maintaining and setting up hiring and talent discovery channels and platforms.
- Work closely with operations and other team members of the organizational team, especially on brainstorming and creative ideas on activities for internal virtual or physical events.
- Research, experiment and analyze diverse hiring channels.
- Proofreading, review, updates, and maintenance of job descriptions and postings across third party platforms and official platforms (e.g. company’s website).
- Gather information about applicants and candidates and provide a prefiltering of them to the leadership team.
- Organize interviews, guide the candidate(s) throughout the entire interview process, and provide support for questions that might arise from both sides.
- Provide guidance and support on administrative and logistical matters during the on-boarding process of new team members.
- Gather feedback, improve, optimize existing hiring, talent management, and internal administrative processes.
- Writing, review, updates, and maintenance of organization-wide handbooks on processes and procedures.
- Provide support and guidance through structural and functional changes in the organization.
- Coordinate, host, and take notes at the weekly team-wide meetings.
- Provide guidance and support on administrative and logistical matters during the off-boarding process of former-team members and stay in touch with alumni.
- +1 year of professional experience in an HR-related role.
- Bachelor degree in business administration or related field with specialization or in-depth knowledge in the field of Human Resources and People’s Management.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English, please share examples of past written assignments in university, personal blogs, or written tasks in previous jobs.
- Ability to independently prioritize various issues.
- Ability to build strong and trusted relationships with internal and external contacts.
- Strong organizational skills, quick grasp, good time management skills and flexibility
- Sovereignty and proactiveness.
- Experience with G Suite tools (Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Meet, Calendar, etc).
- Able to multi-task and deal with changing priorities and a demanding workload, deliver highly accurate and timely work under pressure.
- Adaptability to work in an agile, fast-changing environment.
- Previous experience with Git (e.g. GitHub).
- Previous experience working at a software company.
- Previous experience working at a company or on a project in the blockchain industry.
- Previous experience in working at organizations in the areas of fintech or financial applications or products.
- Knowledge and fluency in other languages.
- Preferred if residing within (+/- 3 hours) Central European time zones.
- Ideally someone who enjoys travel, nature and hiking. Often we find that discussions and ideas do not come from a meeting room but rather on a trail 🏔️.