Heliax is a R&D team focused on implementing cutting-edge research from numerous disciplines (distributed systems, PLT, zero-knowledge cryptography) and deploying them to solve hard problems in the blockchain space, such as scalability, high assurance smart contract and validity predicate languages, secure randomness or privacy. In addition to the open-source R&D areas, Heliax is expanding its focus towards mainstream end-users, with the goals of making financial sovereignty, privacy-enhancing, and secure technologies as accessible for as many people as possible.
The primary project of Heliax is the Anoma protocol, in addition to open-source projects for the Anoma ecosystem, which include cryptographic libraries such as the MASP or tools for high assurance validity predicates and arbitrary zero-knowledge circuits (Juvix).
Heliax is a remote-first team, currently composed of cross-disciplinary members located around the world. Our work culture is characterized by open-allocation, where team members have a high degree of freedom and autonomy in choosing when to work, what to work on, and whom to work with.
- Work closely with the research and engineering team members in understanding the diverse deeply technical topics, research, innovations, and features of the Anoma protocol, in order to be able to describe and explain them in written or other forms (e.g. audiovisual) and make them more accessible for a broader audience.
- Work closely with the co-founders to produce content in alignment with the vision and positioning of the Anoma protocol, as well as short, mid, and long term strategy of the company.
- Collaborate with the rest of the Product team in ensuring the quality of external communications and in gathering and integrating user feedback.
- Collaborate with the R&D team in ensuring quality and integrating user feedback on the documentation and supporting materials.
Here is a list of example projects and tasks at Heliax or other references from the industry:
- Bachelors or masters degree in a scientific field (e.g. computer science) or in humanities (e.g. journalism or literature).
- Motivation and interest in blockchain technologies and the cutting-edge innovations across diverse research fields.
- Track record of content writing (please share your past writing experience via sharing your academic projects, personal blogs, or professional work).
- Verbal and written proficiency in English not only to be capable of ensuring and reviewing quality of communications, but also to communicate in the organization or make presentations internally.
- Strong communication skills in both verbal and written form, passion for creating writing, presenting, and storytelling.
- Ability to research, outline, write and translate highly technical topics and complex ideas into easy-to-understand and accessible language for the broadest possible audience.
- Self-organized, proactive, and autonomous at completing the tasks and collaborating with team members across teams.
- Previous experience working at a technology company and familiarity with GSuite, Slack, and HackMD.
- Familiarity with the command-line and interested in playing with developer tools and programming languages.
- Knowledge and fluency in other languages.
- Previous experience in communicating and working with open-source projects.
- Previous experience in reading or interacting with products and interfaces to blockchain technologies.
- Previous experience working at a company or on a project in the blockchain industry.
- Previous experience in working at organizations in the areas of fintech or financial applications or products.
- This is a full-time, remote position.
- Preferred if residing within (+/- 3 hours) Central European time zones.
- Ideally someone who enjoys travel, nature, and hiking. Often we find that products are best designed not in a meeting room but rather on a trail 🏔️.