The primary project of Heliax is Anoma, a suite of protocols and mechanisms based on distributed ledger (blockchain) technology. Anoma intends to act as a coordination mechanism, much like how people use money, speech and language to transmit information about their internal preferences for mutual benefit. It distinguishes itself by enabling the use of private cash of any fiat or digital currency, as well as bartering among any number of parties. In addition to Anoma, Heliax works on open-source projects which are part of the Anoma ecosystem, including but not limited to research in cryptographic libraries, and tools that refine the way user preferences can be expressed.
Heliax is a remote-first public goods lab which researches, develops, deploys and maintains open-source protocols and mechanisms designed to serve the everyday needs of humanity. Using this, we build vertically integrated open-source products and networks that form coherent open systems, which are capable of acting as an alternative to existing exploitative systems, such as the existing financial system. With team members located around the world, our work culture is characterized by open-allocation, where team members have a high degree of freedom and autonomy in choosing when to work, what to work on, and whom to work with.
- Develop and execute strategies on Telegram, Discord, Reddit, and any other existing and future community platforms
- Analyze and share trends within communities to jumpstart discussions
- Explore and test other possible channels for expanded community reach and brand amplification
- Rapidly scale the communities via high-quality engagement and discussion
- Identify and involve engaged advocates and contributors to build core community and strengthen reach
- Participate in events to further engage with the community and expand brand awareness
- Ensure brand continuity across all relative channels with coherent messaging and consistent brand voice
- Collaborate with the rest of the Comms & UI/UX team in ensuring the quality of external communications and in gathering and integrating user feedback.
- Collaborate with the designers in the team for graphics and any necessary visual materials for each community platform
- Collaborate with the other teams within Heliax in ensuring quality and integrating user feedback on the documentation and supporting materials and for fact-checking & engagement in technical discussions
Here is a list of example projects and tasks at Heliax or other references from the industry:
- Anoma Telegram
- Anoma Discord
- Anoma Subreddit
- You LOVE fostering and interacting with communities on the Internet and at events.
- Comfortable experimenting with ideas, iterating if needed and optimizing them for long-term efficacy
- You are passionate about emerging technologies and industries, such as the Anoma project and its ecosystem. You are thrilled about fostering a community around Anoma’s vision.
- You have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and knowledge in a field applicable to the role and its projects.
- You have 1+ years of experience in the field (please submit descriptions or samples on your past community development achievements and tasks)
- Track record of content writing (please share your past writing experience via sharing your academic projects, personal blogs, or professional work).
- Verbal and written proficiency in English.
- Self-organized, proactive, and autonomous at completing the tasks and collaborating with team members across teams.
- Previous experience working at a technology company and familiarity with GSuite, Slack, and HackMD.
- Familiarity with the command-line and interested in playing with developer tools and programming languages.
- Knowledge and fluency in other languages.
- Previous experience in communicating and working with open-source projects.
- Previous experience in running region-specific community platforms (e.g. WeChat)
- Previous experience in reading or interacting with products and interfaces to blockchain technologies.
- Previous experience working at a company or on a project in the blockchain industry.
- Previous experience in working at organizations in the areas of fintech or financial applications or products.
- This is a full-time, remote position.
- Preferred if residing within (+/- 3 hours) Central European time zones.
- Ideally someone who enjoys travel, nature, and hiking. Often we find that products are best designed not in a meeting room but rather on a trail 🏔️.